Because of how valuable college scholarships area, it is likely you will find yourself competing against thousands of students who are all fighting for the same spot as you do. Here is how you can win that all-important scholarship now!
- Start with your search as soon as possible. Don’t wait until the end part of your senior year before you begin thinking about applying.
- The information you need might be close to where you are. Look for local scholarships found outside your counselor’s bulletin board.
- Apply to every scholarship you qualify for. This makes your chances of landing a scholarship higher.
- Don’t miss application deadlines. Plan properly and use a checklist to get organized.
- When it comes to writing college essays, make sure you personalize it and be passionate about it. Write about something of interest to you. Make your application stand out from the crowd.